Peds Rotation 8 Site Visit Summary

Rotation #8: Site Evaluation Summary

During the mid-site evaluation, I presented a case on community acquired pneumonia. Then I got tested on my own pharm cards as well as other student’s pharm cards. The site evaluator would also go over my procedure log books to make sure that I was doing procedures in my rotation. The feedback that he provided for my H&P was that I should be aware of that the patient was a child. Pediatric physical examination would look different compared to adult physical examination. Therefore, I should not include parts such as chest AP diameter 2:1. I should also elaborate on the social history, such as if the child went to day care or immunization up to date.

During the final-site evaluation, I presented a case on pityriasis rosea. Then I got tested on my own pharm cards as well as other student’s pharm cards. Then I presented an article on the efficacy on acyclovir on the treatment of pityriasis rosea. The feedback that I received was that I should had provided a more detail review of the disease during the presentation. The site evaluator also ensured that we are learning in our rotation site and that we feel safe in the site.